9/6/10

Ready to Concede

It is hours away from the challenge deadline and I think that I am about ready to wave the white crocheted doily... The 4 oz of Black Cherry BFL from Susan's SpinningBunny has been spun and skeined.


From that fiber: 151 yards of 16 wpi, dk weight yarn.
The color looks complementary to the Crosspatch singles that are still marinating on their bobbins.
Is it possible that they may have a future together?...Things to ponder, over holiday ribs and Asti...
Hopefully, my headache will have subsided and I can ply that tonight before 11:00pm.

What is most doubtful to be plied tonight is the 4 oz batt of Grafton Fibers Corriedale.
I loved, loved, loved the colors. Too bad that by late last night I hate, hate, hated to spin. My wrist hurt and I got real crabby, real fast.  I confess, 16 ounces was more than I could handle. There, I said it. Sniff, sniff.
It showed up in my spinning too. Plying will be hellish as I try to get the over spun kinks out along the way. Howmever, it is spun and I'm counting those 4 oz towards the challenge goal. So that's 12 oz from the 16.



Stats on these singles will be posted tomorrow. Meanwhile, it's time to eat, drink and ply some more.

No comments: