3/17/13

Dearest Dorset

I chose you for my latest of spinning exploits because you were something new to me. Your svelte four ounce skein and squishy hand was attractive. The light brown Chai Tea colorway given to you by the good people at Gnomespun Yarn, brought to mind thoughts of unassuming gentility.



What a pleasure you were to spin! It had been about a year away from the wheel. Just a few rough inches and the rest of the 165 yards was a smooth, triumphant experience! To the tune of Alicia Keys new song, this wheel is on fire! Yes! We are well on the way to getting through my goal for Maryland Sheep and Wool.



According to your label and The Fleece & Fiber Sourcebook by Deb Robeson, you are felt resistant.
For this reason, you are my dearest dorset, my new favorite fiber.



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow! I'm feeling the love for Dorset. The fact that she is rich in color and soft as well is almost too much to resist. I hope I don't fall for her siren song soon ...