10/23/10

Fitted Garter Vest

In the afterglow of a wonderful fall day out, I thought I'd share at least one project off my needles this year. Creative Knitting's Fitted Garter Vest made it's debut today.
This pattern is also free on the DROPS Design Studio website as 117-43


It's knit up with less that one hank of BriarRose Fibers Abundance yarn on size 8 glass circular needles by Sheila & Michael Ernst. Buttons are from M&J trimming.
I love the stand up collar! Bonus - I finally learned how to do short-rows. Hooray!

2 comments:

Gone to Find Myself said...

I love your knitting! A couple years ago I saw a knitted full length cape (poncho) that v'd at the bottom in the front and back with shoulder buttons. Can't find it again, nor can I find anything like it. Would love it if you could help me locate it or suggest a pattern similar.
Thanks,
Suzanne

Sharon said...

I love what you've done with your vest! Love the colors and the style. Congrats on another great job done!

And all this time I thought you were 'just watching TV'. You've apparently been doing more than that!