5/23/13

Coopworth. Who knew?

Part of my spring cleaning included a brief foray into the fiber stash for WIPs. There is the odd few sample ounces of this or the second of an intended two-ply which has languished, undisturbed for ages.

This afternoon, I stumbled upon 4oz. of washed Coopworth locks. All my previous experience with this breed had been negative. It was usually a coarse, roughly carded or stiff and uninspired roving that I only purchased for practicing on, not an actual project. 

This sample must have piqued my interest. I'm sure it was long ago.
Look at  the cute locks! The big shock to me is how soft it is! 



Since its not a lot, this will be dizzed and spindle spun into lace.




Surely, I see more raw Coopworth fleece in my future. Who knew.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wasn't coopworth one of the fibers on my 'to don't' list? The only pieces that I worked on felt like Brillo pads, and yet, you used the word 'soft'. What a shocker!

Good luck with your lovely locks.