4/26/11

Oh, Snap!

A heel flap!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my first pair of socks in the making!
I would not have gone this far without the encouragement of fellow knitter and sock enthusiast, SharonV.  Thanks!
This is a relatively easy pattern from the wonderful book, 2-at-a-Time Socks, by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. They are called Ragg Hiker and I am using Ella Rae Classic Superwash. Nothing could be more soothing for my first time out than this simple pattern in worsted weight yarn.

I am so excited to also get this done using this method. Both socks are made using only one long circular needle...at the same time!!!! Love the built-in UFO prevention. For this to all come together, I had to learn the magic loop technique which I picked up at a Market Session class during the Stitches South Knitting Expo a couple of weeks ago.

Alright, more sock updates later on this week and I'll share a bit about my trip to Stitches in Atlanta.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

OMG! You are making such good progress and so quickly, too! You tackled all the things I couldn't do until a couple of years ago.

I hope this inspires you to make lots of socks! Maybe now you will make your own Christmas socks! Woo hoo!